Filing for bankruptcy is never an easy decision to make. CCCS
will have a certified counselor review your financial situation to
ensure you know about possible alternatives and Federal filing
requirements set for by the US Trustees.
The Federal Bankruptcy Guidelines require that an individual filing for bankruptcy receive credit counseling from an approved nonprofit budget and credit counseling agency.
In addition to the personal money management interview and a written assessment (Action Plan), CCCS will provide a "Pre-Filing Bankruptcy Briefing" that includes:
- Role of Pre-filing Counseling
- Alternatives to bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy overview
- Chapter 7 review
- Chapter 13 review
- Consequences of bankruptcy
- Consumer Credit Education required by law
- Upon completion of the credit counseling session, a credit counseling certificate is issued that is valid for up to 180 days.
- Program cost, including certificate is $60 for an individual and $80 for a couple filing jointly. Payment may be made by money order, cashier’s check, or by clicking the pay online button below with a debit card featuring the MasterCard® or Visa® logo. Fee may be waived in certain hardship cases. Fee waiver guidelines and application are found in the Bankruptcy Counseling Packet
- Apply using the Bankruptcy Counseling Packet found on our Applications & Forms page.
- NEW! Or complete your bankruptcy counseling session online. Safely submit your personal information through the American Center for Credit Education's secure online portal. CCCS of the North Coast counselors will then review your financial situation, develop a personlized action plan, e-mail responses and see if you have further questions. After you respond to your counselor, you and the counselor will arrange a brief phone conversation to make sure you've covered all your bases and confirm where you would like your Pre-filing certificates e-mailed, mailed or faxed.
Contact us for more information or to schedule and appointment.
Registration for Online Counseling
By making a payment for the online counseling session, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the following:
I understand that CCCS of the North Coast charges $60 per individual and $80 per couple filing jointly for the Bankruptcy Counseling Service:
I understand that fee waivers are based upon the client’s ability to pay. See Fee Waiver Guidelines. If you qualify for a fee waiver please complete the Bankruptcy Counseling Application Packet. Once you have completed the entire packet with the fee waiver, return it to our office by fax, mail or e-mail. Note: Please write "Online" on the top of the front page of the packet.
All refunds for cancelled services must be requested 48 hours prior to the service. All refunds for cancelled services are subject to a $15.00 processing fee.
I understand CCCS of the North Coast will issue a certificate of successful completion to each student.
CCCS of the North Coast does not pay or receive fees or other consideration for the referral of debtor students to CCCS.
I understand that in the event I am dissatisfied, I can use the Complaint Resolution Process.
I understand that I hold CCCS of the North Coast, its employees, agents, and volunteers harmless from any claim, suit, action, or demand of my creditors, myself, or any other person resulting from participating in the money management workshop. Nothing herein shall apply to actions or claims under the provisions of the United States Bankruptcy Code, 11 U.S.C. § 101 et seq.
I understand that at sometime in the future, my information may be used for confidential research.
Once you register and pay, you can begin your counseling session as soon as you receive your login and password.